Monday, February 28, 2011

Racing Weight

There is a this weight loss book called, "Racing Weight" geared towards runners who want to lose weight but continue their training. I am 5ft'1in'and 3 quarters and on a good day I like to say Im 5'2. Right now I am weighing in at 112 which is normal. In order to get faster and run better I think that my ideal racing weight would be between 95-100 pounds. Now that may sound like freakishly slender but honestly for my height it's NOT. It would be the same as if a 5ft'6'in woman weighed 115-120 pounds. Throughout all of my teens I weighed 90 pounds until I hit my 20s. Losing weight while still maintaining the energy to race is tricky and Racing Weight lays out a plan to help you lose 1-2 pounds a week. The first few weeks you need to have at least 30% of your calories come from protein in your meals. The author makes sense in his presentation and the book also offers some diagrams for certain exercises and also recipes for healthy meals.

1 comment:

  1. I feel a huge difference in just a few pounds. I think I'm like 185ish right now, I would like to get back down to like 165. It feels like running on air when I'm at 165.

    ReplyDelete