Friday, February 25, 2011

Saucony Mirage Update: 1

I have decided that I'm going to write updates every week about how I feel about the Saucony Mirage: how they are holding up, are they too supportive, are they not supportive enough, just my impressions of them as I train. I'm doing this because it's a new shoe and runners out there may want opinions about them before they buy it. I know I did and found little to no personal reviews about them from runners.


I am still recovering from an IT band injury so I have yet to log many miles in these shoes. I have ran maybe 12 miles in them thus far and only on the treadmill.

So, how are they working out?

Surprisingly well. I have only run in minimalist, low heel to toe drop ratio, lightweight trainers and racing flats since I began running. This was a change. I knew it would be. The Saucony Mirages are lightweight for a support shoe but I can still notice the extra weight from the shoes while I'm running. It's very noticeable. I am very happy that I bought these instead of the standard supportive shoe that is much heavier than the Mirage, I really don't think I could have dealt with that. I feel that I am running more evenly in these shoes. I have noticed that I am putting equal weight on each leg while I am running which is what I needed. I also notice the built in arch support, I think I notice it because Ive never ran in shoes with arch support before. I needed that support particularly for my right leg as much as I hate to admit it. Its only a slight support but it's still there. Also, my it band band pain is improving so I have definitely taken a shine to this pair of shoes.

Overall, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment