Saturday, April 23, 2011

Not DMX, More Like DNS

SOOOO
I didn't run the Tie Dye 50k. I have this groin strain/injury and I have 2 more races in the next two weeks so I decided to sit this one out. I did show up to yell "Come on Jerkface" at a running buddy who was also doing the race. Just being there for that short amount of time made me wish I ran it. They had pink tie dye shirts which I totally wanted.

Oh well. I remember whining not too long ago saying that if I could go back in time I wouldnt have ran Bigfoot with a groin injury because that led to my it band problem. So I would have been an idiot to make the same mistake twice. It felt like wussing out but if it means avoiding another relapse into 3 months of ITBAND HELL then I probably made the right decision.

2 comments:

  1. You want to train for Barkley, you need to get over these injuries. What's causing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I went to a chiropractor and had active release technique done a couple of times a week for 6 weeks for my itband and that seemed to work I waited too long to go get help and kept running on it as much as I could. The chiro said my hips keep coming unaligned quickly. I don't know whats causing the injuries. I can handle the groin injury better than the itband. Ive only have gone to the chiropractor though because I'm poor/kinda dumb.

    ReplyDelete