Sunday, April 3, 2011

ORRRC HALF RACE REPORT



I've gotten in the habit of waking up on race days, looking at the alarm clock and thinking to myself "Eh, maybe I'll just sleep in this morning instead of running that race." Of course, I ALWAYS end up running the race but this habit has usually caused me to arrive at the starting line anywhere with only 15-5 minutes to spare. Today was 15 minutes to spare so I did okay. I kept telling myself "Its just the half marathon, it's just a half marathon, you'll be out of here in a couple of hours no problem." I had bought a new pink and white tye dye top by Nike. It kept riding up when I was running which was annoying the heck out of me. The course was a tiny bit hilly during the first 3-4 miles. I tried to stay at a slow steady pace and I did acheive that goal so I'm proud of myself. I usually go slow anyway because I AM SLOW but I usually go a bit faster than I did. Joe flew past me about a half mile in after saying hello. I also saw Vibrams guy from Lima (Im sorry I cant remember your name! You prolly refer to me as neck tattoo girl, haha!) around mile 6 and we had a short exchange of hellos, he was actually running barefoot and just carrying his Vibrams. Dude is hard core. All the volunteers were super nice and I made sure to thank them after the turnaround on the way back. The race went by really fast and the sun even came out for a few miles which was nice. Stuck around long enough to watch the first marathoner finish. That dude is also hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment