Sunday, May 8, 2011

Capon Valley 50k

I was not prepared to do this race, I didn't carb up, I drank liqour the night before, and I am still nursing some injuries...which might be from what a new doctor I'm seeing says is basically Phase II spinal degeneration.

However,

It was SO BEAUTIFUL. The hills were plentiful and brutal. Nothing like I've ever ran on before (and by ran I mean walk up). The views were amazing. Honestly, being out there, out on any trail, there is no place else I would rather be. I like meeting people out there.However, I also like the solitude I find in running trails. Its peaceful, rejuvenates my spirits, I don't need to pretend. It's just me and nature. Ha, I wouldn't mind living in a cabin somewhere up in the mountains.

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard good things about Capon Valley 50K, I've just never been able to get over to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I definitely recommend doing Capon Valley next year! The volunteers were so nice and you can camp right by the starting line. I was amazed by how beautiful the scenery was.

    Joe, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete