Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast

I'm "running" the Laurel Highlands 77 mile run on June 11th and I would just like to say I'm officially screwed and I am most likely 100% insane as I'm 100% not ready for this race but NOTHING will stop me from trying.

I'm either extremely brave or extremely stupid. Probably just extremely stupid.

This guy I work with a few weeks ago was telling my boss about my racing antics that I do when I'm injured and she told him how I drove home from work at 2am during a middle of a tornado warning/storm with high winds last month while they decided to wait it out.

Then he said to me: "What is wrong with you? Are you trying to be a stunt woman or just trying to test the Gods or something?"

Maybe.

Then he made a plea to me that I shouldn't race that weekend. It got to me and the thing he said about testing the gods maybe rang true on some level or at least made me stop and think about it and that's partially the reason I didn't do the Tie Dye 50k in April...someone actually got some common sense through to me.

No one even has a chance of getting common sense through to me about the Laurel because I've blocked any common sense from getting into my head.


Also, I'm doing Another Dam 50k...at least part of it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't hurt yourself where you cause permanent damage. Races will be there.
    I am crewing at Laurel so I expect I will see you out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete