Monday, September 27, 2010

Columbus Marathon and December 50k Worries

In just a few short weeks I will be running my first marathon. I don't feel prepared. I mean I've followed a marathon training schedule (for the most part) I've done an 18 mile run a few 16 mile runs. I'm just worried that I won't have it in me to run the entire thing. I'm hopefully going to run with a pace group. I have paranoid thoughts like "What if I cant keep up with the pace group?!" or "What if my my Nike watch and the mile markers I've been relying on to track my pace have been completely off ?!?!"

In other news I got an e-mail about the 50k I'm running in December warning us runners to wear bright orange or similar bright colors as there will be hunting going on that same weekend. I've never run a trail 50k before so maybe this is a normal concern? At the same time I'm thinking wtf will I be shot? Is this the Most Dangerous Game or something?!

No comments:

Post a Comment