Monday, December 6, 2010

Bigfoot 50k

So I can officially say I'm an "Ultra runner".
But let me be the first to tell you that within the first 5 miles I was thinking "WTF IS THIS!" It was a very difficult course for me. I'm sure more seasoned runners thought it was a cake walk but for this novice-not so much.

I had a great time though. I even smashed my knee by tripping over a root on a decline and if no one was around I would have cried/screamed but since there were people around I sucked it up and simply answered "I'm fine."

Despite the pain I was experiencing I had a really good time out there.

The volunteers were so nice, you really couldn't ask for better people. I even got to run alongside a couple of great people for 2/3rds of the race and although I'm a loner in life and in running it was a really nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment