Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The "Hey, It's Been a Year" Blog Update

So.....it's been awhile :) I am no longer a pregnant lady who likes to run but rather a Momma that likes to run. A lot has changed since my last blog post, the biggest change being I'm now a momma bear and my son is going to turn 6 months old in a couple of weeks. The second big change is that I'm living in San Antonio now. A lot of people like San Antonio and the Lone Star State but guess what? I'm not one of them. The city is super spread out and it's just not my cup of tea. I like cold weather. I like snow. I don't like blazin' hot temperatures. It's really kinda lonely here too. We don't have any family and haven't made any friends down here. I'm a stay at home mom so I don't really get out much and when I do I have my son with me. I've gone out to dinner once without him haha.

I have been getting back to running since having the baby. I did a 10 mile race this past month and it was pretty fun. It was in Austin so it was nice to see the city. I like Austin a heck of a lot more than San Antonio. I think it's a bit more my scene.

I've slacked off on running this past week, I have some medical issues that I think are complicated by my continued running as they I think are getting worse the more mileage I've been building up. It's pretty frustrating and as someone who identifies as a runner it hurts and is confusing to know where to go on from here.
Here are some pics of me and my little one:

No comments:

Post a Comment